Friday, September 12, 2008

Paul McCartney stands firm: I'm comin' to Tel Aviv!

McCartney Resists Pressure to Scrap Israel Concert

Legendary Beatles star Paul McCartney said he was pressed to cancel his upcoming performance in Israel, but reassured Israeli fans he would go ahead with the planned concert.

"I was approached by different groups and political bodies who asked me not to come here. I refused. I do what I think, and I have many friends who support Israel," McCartney said.

McCartney said he looks forward to this chance to perform in Israel. "I've heard so many great things about Tel Aviv and Israel, but hearing is one thing and experiencing it for yourself is another," he said.

McCartney will perform on September 25 in Tel Aviv.
(Reuters/Washington Post)

1 comment:

LHwrites said...

As already mentioned in a later post, let us all hope and pray for the best!