Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Matisyahu's Robo Rabbi

Rabbi Zalman Schachter's voice appears on Matisyahu's latest CD "Spark Seeker."
He appears on two tracks and is credited on the CD as "Robo Rabbi"

Matisyahu in Israel, newly beardless
 




The Mysterious Voice of Matisyahu's "Robo Rabbi" -Bruce

Imagine my surprise to be listening to Matisyahu's newly released CD and, behold, the absolutely unmistakable voice of my dear Rabbi Zalman Schachter. And a few tracks later, his voice appears again, this time lecturing on the Bal Shem Tov.

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was. Both Rebbe Zalman and Matisyahu are "graduates" of Chabad and both are exceedingly talented at their respective crafts.  I have no idea if Rabbi Schachter and Matisyahu have met, but his voice appearing on two tracks would seem to indicate admiration of Rebbe Zalman's wisdom.  I can attest to the same. 

Reb Zalman's voice appears on Track 3 [Searchin] and Track 6 [Bal Shem Tov].  His voice is clearly discernable on both tracks [click on track links in the prior sentence to listen]. 
[Bruce's MidEast Soundbites]

Note: This post has absolutely nothing to do with the MidEast.  It is only the second time I have posted on another topic. 
*

No comments: